Saturday, September 3, 2011

Managing my Finances


Guest post by Jewel Cole

I have had to learn the importance of saving money. When I was in college, I took my fortune for granted. I was able to pay for school with scholarships and also had enough money at the end of the day left over for beer. When I left college and entered graduate school, I was in the same situation. Now, I have gotten married, am no longer in school, and have a bottom-level job that has forced to learn the importance of saving money. While tough at first, once you get the hang of couponing, saving, and searching for the best deals you begin to gain a sense of pride. Not only have I learned to save money at the grocery and retail stores, but I have also learned to save money on household utilities. For example, I recently looked at my cable bill and decided to go to directstartv.com and was able to reduce my household overhead. I have also switched gas and trash companies and saved over half of what I was spending. When you realize you have cut your costs and save money, you feel much better about spending a little on yourself.

1 comment: